Founded by security visionary Nir Zuk, Palo Alto Networks offers real innovation in the firewall by enabling unprecedented visibility and control of applications and content – by user, not just IP address – at up to 10Gbps with no performance degradation. Based on patent-pending App-ID™ technology, our next generation firewalls accurately identify applications – regardless of port, protocol, evasive tactic or SSL encryption – and scan content to stop threats and prevent data leakage. Enterprises can for the first time embrace Web 2.0 and maintain complete visibility and control, while significantly reducing total cost of ownership through device consolidation.
- The only firewall to classify traffic based on the accurate identification of the application, not just port/protocol information.
- The only firewall to identify, control and inspect SSL encrypted traffic and applications.
- The only firewall with real-time (line-rate, low latency) content scanning to protect against viruses, spyware, data leakage and application vulnerabilities based on a stream-based threat prevention engine.
- The only firewall to provide graphical visualization of applications on the network with detailed user, group and network-level data categorized by sessions, bytes, ports, threats and time.
- The only firewall with line-rate, low-latency performance for all services, even under load.
Palo Alto Networks' Approach to Network Security
Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewalls are based on our Single-Pass Parallel Processing (SP3) Architecture, enabling low latency, multi-Gbps performance –while delivering greater functionality than any other type of security device.
Next-generation firewall model families include Palo Alto Networks' PA-4000 Series and the PA-2000 Series, along with the newly released PA-500 and range from 250Mbps to 10Gbps in throughput capacity. Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls are built on a strong networking foundation, offer a familiar policy management interface and offer unprecedented features for your security infrastructure.
For more information on Palo Alto products, please click here.